You must complete ten (10) units of study to gain this qualification. For details of these units and packaging rules see https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHC51120.
Tocal College suggests you select the program below with three (3) foundation subjects (comprising four units of competency) be completed before selecting four (4) electives. It is then recommended that students complete the two (2) concluding subjects.
Please note some subjects listed below include multiple units of competency and the units of competency offered may be subject to change.
1. Describe a landscape
- AHCILM501 Conduct field research into natural and cultural resources (Group A)
- AHCWRK513 Write and present reports (Group B)
2. Collect and classify plants
- AHCPCM510 Collect and classify plants (Group A)
3. Define the pest problem
- AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem (Group A)
ELECTIVE SUBJECTS (SELECT FOUR)
(A maximum of 2 relevant units may be selected from the elective list of a Certificate IV or above of this or any other endorsed Training Package or Accredited Course.)
4. Develop a pest management plan
- AHCPMG412 Develop a pest management plan (Group B)
5. Plan prescribed burning*
- AHCFIR503 Plan and evaluate burning for fuel, ecological and cultural resource management (Group A)
*To enrol in this course you must have access to a fire within your work role
6. Design a restoration project
- AHCECR503 Design an ecological restoration project (Group A)
7. Plan river restoration works
- AHCECR505 Plan river restoration works (Group A)
8. Develop sustainable land use strategies*
- AHCECR506 Develop and implement sustainable land use strategies (Group A)
*To complete this subject, you must have access to land that is used for agricultural purposes.
9. Develop a management plan for an area of land
- AHCLPW506 Develop a management plan for a designated area (Group A)
10. Monitoring biological indicators
- AHCECR502 Conduct biological surveys (Group A)