About this course
Weather and climate play a significant role in determining agricultural potential and productivity. They influence not only how much water is available for plant growth, livestock consumption, and other on-farm activities but also the levels of wind, heat, and sunlight experienced, which also have a significant influence on production.
This course aims to develop your understanding of:
- what weather and climate are, and how they are measured
- factors that influence weather and climate generation
- available data about weather and climate
- the influence weather and climate have on agriculture.
At a glance:
|Start date:||Enrol anytime|
|Number of units:||Non-accredited|
This short course consists of the following topics:
- What are weather and climate?
- Global circulation patterns
- Where does the wind come from and what comes with it?
- What makes rain?
- General patterns of weather and climate
- Weather forecasts
This course is available free of charge. Click the Start button to launch the course.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?