Tocal College has adopted the code of ethics and practice that is described in the Training and Education Training Package 2016 and Standards for RTOs 2015.
The Tocal College Trainer and Assessor Code of Conduct is as follows:
- The differing needs and requirements of the person being trained and assessed, the local enterprise and/or industry are identified and handled with sensitivity.
- Potential forms of conflict of interest in the assessment process and/or outcomes are identified and appropriate referrals are made, if necessary
- All forms of harassment are avoided throughout the planning, conduct, reviewing and reporting of the assessment outcomes.
- The rights of the candidate are protected during and after the training and assessment.
- Personal or interpersonal factors that are not relevant to the assessment of competency must not influence the assessment outcomes.
- The candidate is made aware of rights and processes of appeal.
- Evidence that is gathered during the assessment is verified for validity, reliability, authenticity, sufficiency and currency.
- Training and assessment decisions is based on available evidence that can be produced and verified by another assessor.
- An assessment review process with a separation of duties is established to ensure that personal preferences bias and prejudice of an assessor does not affect the assessment process.
- Assessments are conducted within the boundaries of the assessment system policies and procedures.
- Formal agreement is obtained from both the candidate and the assessor that the assessment was carried out in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Assessment tools, and procedures are consistent with equal opportunity legislation.
- The candidate is informed of all assessment reporting processes prior to the assessment.
- The candidate is informed of all known potential consequences of decisions arising from an assessment, prior to the assessment.
- Confidentiality is maintained regarding assessment results.
- Results are only released with the written permission of the candidate(s).
- The assessment results are used consistently with the purposes explained to the candidate.
- Self-assessments are periodically conducted to ensure current competencies against the Training and Education Training Package 2016 Competency Standards.
- Professional development opportunities are identified and sought.
- Opportunities for networking amongst assessors are created and maintained.
- Opportunities are created for technical assistance in planning, conducting and reviewing assessment procedures and outcomes.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?