Our College Open Days are a wonderful opportunity to visit Tocal and experience first hand all that it can offer students who are eager for a rewarding career in agriculture, agribusiness or horse breeding and training.
The Open Days are held on the Fridays of the winter and spring school holidays and provide prospective students, their families and carers an ideal forum to visit the College and get a feel for what life as a student is really like. Click here to register your interest in attending an open day. Should you require accommodation while attending the Open Days, Tocal College has a range of excellent and affordable accommodation options. These include motel rooms, flats and cottages. Please contact our accommodation booking team for further information at email@example.com.
Each day's activities include:
- an overview of full-time courses,
- a description of career opportunities,
- information on fees and financial assistance,
- inspection of College campus facilities,
- tour of Tocal's commercial farms and training facilities,
- opportunities to chat with staff and also undertake an informal interview (if desired).
2024 Open Days
- Friday 12 and 19 July
- Friday 4 and 11 October
General program for the day
10.00am - morning tea
10.30am - talk on courses and employment opportunities
12.00pm - lunch available in College Dining Hall ($10 p.p.)
2.00pm - tour of College farms
3.00-3.30pm - conclusion
You can find more information about Open Days and the application process in the Open Days checklist.
If you have any questions or wish to make bookings for lunch please contact us on 1800 025 520 or 02 4939 8888, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next step
If you have questions about studying at Tocal, submit them via this quick online form and we will respond to you personally.
If you are interested in finding out more, let us know via this form and we will be in touch.
Applications to study in 2024 are open. Online applications are non-binding, but allow us to be in contact with you with more information about the application process and to also answer specific questions. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
In the meantime, those that would like to have a phone or video interview as part of the application process can contact the Student Administration Officer, Karen at email@example.com to organise an appointment.
As we realise how valuable it is to be able to visit the College, we will continue to look for the first opportunity to reopen to individuals, families and small groups. You will then be welcome to inspect the campus and farms, or meet with staff.
For further information about the online event or the application process, please email the Deputy Principal, James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form completed (available online or on request)
- Medical History form completed (available through online form above or on request)
- Interview (this is an informal chat with one of our lecturers to see if our programs are right for you)
- Copy of birth certificate or other acceptable proof of ID
- Copy of most recent school report (can be updated later)
- Copy of two references (optional if school report provided)
- Scholarship form submitted by November (optional, download here)
2021 Virtual Open Day
In 2021 Tocal College was unable to conduct our usual live Open Days, originally planned for 24 September and 1 October, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Instead we recorded a few videos to give future students an introduction to the courses and a virtual tour of the campus and farms. View it in the window below by scrolling and playing the videos, or head over to the Virtual Tour website.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?