5 August, 2021
The NSW Department of Primary Industries has proactive measures to limit the impact of COVID-19 at Tocal College campuses and through our industry training programs.
Tocal has adopted social distancing measures and strict hygiene protocols. We respectfully ask that if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms or if you are subject to stay-at-home orders that you do not attend the College or any of its training events. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, get tested at a COVID-19 testing clinic. Symptoms include cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath or fever. Self-isolate until you get your results.
Current advice from the NSW Government for students, their parents/carers and affected staff is:
- Stay-at-home orders apply to all people in Newcastle, Cessnock, Dungog, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Port Stephens and Singleton local government areas.
- Stay-at-home orders apply to all people in the Greater Sydney area including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong.
- If you have been in the Greater Sydney region, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour on or after Monday 21 June, follow the stay at home rules for 14 days after you left Greater Sydney.
- you must wear a fitted face mask when you are in an indoor area of a non-residential premises in NSW.
You must self-isolate if you:
- have been tested for COVID-19 and haven’t yet received your result
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- are suspected of having COVID-19
- had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, including visiting a case location
- are a household member of a close contact who has yet to receive their initial negative test result
- have returned from overseas and are exempt from hotel quarantine.
If you have been directed to self-isolate, you must follow the instructions of
- NSW Health
- designated health practitioners and
- authorised contact tracers.
Consistent with current guidelines, students and staff who are unwell with respiratory illness should remain at home until symptoms resolve.
In accordance with our current practice, if any student becomes unwell we will implement our infection control guidelines and follow the advice provided by NSW Health as appropriate.
For more information, visit the Health NSW website.
Information about Open Days.
Information about Tocal Skills Training.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?