About this course
Don’t spread weeds. Don’t move the problem from another place to your farm. Learn how weeds and pest organisms transfer from one place to another. Learn how to prevent it. This one-day Tocal course is a must have weed-hygiene check for you and your machinery.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- increasing awareness of how weeds and other pest organisms can be spread via contaminated machinery, and reducing the risk of this occurring
- rormally inspect machinery for material that may contribute to the spread of weeds, pests or disease covering options for location and equipment when cleaning machinery and plant.
At a glance:
|Course duration:||1 day|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||1|
|Indicative fees:||$375 GST-free|
On successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- select and use the equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for inspection and cleaning
- select appropriate inspection and cleaning sites
- inspect and clean machinery and vehicles
- apply safe work practices
- take samples of contamination
- dispose of waste materials
- record cleaning history and inspection results.
- Understanding the threat of weeds
- Reducing the risk of spreading weeds through job planning
- Weed recognition / identification
- Formal inspection of machinery and plant
- Consideration of location of machinery and plant
- Recording and reporting
- Associated legislation
- Collecting and disposing of samples from machinery
- A wide range of inspection and cleaning materials are provided, as well as a full colour reference manual to take home.
- This course is delivered using indoor and outdoor instruction.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is mapped to the national units of competency AHCBIO201 Inspect and clean machinery for plant, animal and soil material.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?