About this course
Workplace Health and Safety is the subject no-one wants to know about until it’s too late! For managers and supervisors, this one-day course at Tocal will help you to keep your workplace, and workforce, safe.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- implementing and monitoring an organisation’s WHS policies, procedures and programs
- creating solutions to unpredictable problems through analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources
- meeting legislative requirements.
At a glance:
|Course duration:||1 day|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||1|
|Indicative fees:||$520 GST-free|
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participations arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
- WHS Act, WHS Regulations and Codes of Practices
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Risk Management
- Safe Systems of Work
- Emergency Planning
- Injury Management
- This is a one day face to face workshop with assessment tasks to be completed within 1 month after the workshop.
- Participants receive a list of suggested websites to find information to assist with meeting legislative requirements.
- It will assist participants in successful completion of this course to be already working in this capacity.
- This course is a Level 4 unit of competency and therefore requires participants to have sound language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
This course is mapped to the national unit of competency BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?