About this course
Control pests in cotton. From aphids to whiteflies, and helicoverpa to spider mites and mirids, Tocal’s Cotton Pest Management training will help you get on top of the problem.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- cotton physiology and pest management
- best-practice methods of pest identification
- emergency disease and plant pest response
- pest control techniques.
Developed and delivered by Tocal College in partnership with CottonInfo.
At a glance:
|Course duration:||2 day interactive workshop and practical sessions.|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||4|
|Indicative fees:||This course is fully subsidised by AgSkilled for eligible participants. Fee for service $1085 may apply.|
- Cotton physiology 101 – really understand a cotton crop
- The insects and beneficials that affect the cotton industry
- Insect sampling and plant monitoring
- Pest control decisions and options
- What influences the success of pest management in high yielding cotton crop
- Emergency disease and plant pest response pest control techniques
This course is fully subsidised by AgSkilled for eligible participants.
This is a two-day workshop consisting of interactive classroom and field sessions.
- Two day interactive workshop and practical sessions.
- Workbook and reference publications are provided.
- The course is delivered face-to-face.
You must meet the eligibility requirements of the NSW funded training program applied under to secure your subsidised training.
This course is aligned to the following national units of competency:
- AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem
- AHCPMG306 Determine pest control techniques
- AHCBIO302 Identify and report unusual disease or plant pest signs
For information on students rights and responsibilities, and the Tocal College Code of Practice see Student policies.
Wednesday & Thursday 13-14 January 2021
Tuesday & Wednesday 19-20 January 2021
|Moree||Wednesday & Thursday 24-25 February 2021|
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?