What is AgSkilled?
AgSkilledTM is a new vocational training program for the cotton and grains industry funded by the NSW Government, with industry partners Cotton Australia and the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC). Starting in July 2017 and lasting 3 years, $14.7 million has been allocated for training to increase the skill levels of existing workers and attract new people to the industry.
Are you eligible?
AgSkilled supported training is available to those with a genuine interest in the NSW Cotton or Grain industries. This includes producers, farm staff, contractors, jobseekers and industry professionals.
- be at least 15 years old and no longer at school
- live in NSW, or their primary workplace i.e. office building be located in NSW*
(If you live, and your primary workplace is in another state, but you service NSW; you are not eligible)
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- have a genuine interest in the NSW Cotton or Grains industry (a genuine interest includes those seeking to attain the skills required to gain employment in either industry; you may be asked to substantiate).
* Temporary working visa holders are not eligible for this program.
Nil. Funding administered under the NSW's Government Smart & Skilled program has provided the opportunity for Tocal College to deliver fee-free accredited training and assessment to the cotton and grains sector for on-farm staff and industry professionals.
What training is available?
Tocal College has a range of accredited courses and can work with you to tailor a program to meet the training and skills needs that you, your workers and/or your business requires. Our delivery methods include face-to-face, online and blended.
- Farm business planning (online)
- Corporate governance
- GROW – Professional development and leadership for women in cotton and grains
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?