The Field Identification Guide is an invaluable resource for grower, workers, students and consultants to correctly identify pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in lettuce in Australia.
Intended to be used as a tool in integrated pest management in lettuce, it draws on the experience of a range of scientists and industry experts. The Guide presents over 180 colour photographs along with illustrations and text. It contains a comprehensive list of organisms and nutritional disorders identified as currently important to this industry.
Table of Contents
- Purpose of the guide
- Introduction to IPM
- Crop monitoring
- IPM guidelines and spray thresholds for head lettuce
- Insect life cycle information
- Symptoms of insect damage
- What are plant diseases?
- Types of plant diseases
- General disease life cycle
Pests in lettuce
- Caterpillars, thrips, aphids, leafhoppers, bugs, beetles, flies and whiteflies
Beneficials in lettuce
- Beetles, lacewings, bugs, flies, spiders, parasitoids, beneficial diseases, fungal diseases and parasite nematodes
Diseases in lettuce
- Fungal diseases, bacterial diseases and viral diseases
Disorders in lettuce
- Nutritional disorders, physiological disorders, environmental disorders, animal damage and chemical disorders
Pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in cucurbits
Pests, diseases, disorders and beneficials in greenhouse vegetables
|Paperback / Hardback - Not available|
|eBook - $12.99 (iPad/iPhone)|
|eBook - $12.99 (PC/Android)|
Other ways to buy
Order by phonePhone: 1800 025 520 International: +61 2 49398888
Order by faxClick here to fill out the order form Cat No.L - Price $12.99 Fax: 02 4938 5549 International: +61 2 4938 5549
Order by mailClick here to fill out the order form Cat No.L - Price $12.99 Tocal College, CB Alexander Campus, Paterson NSW 2421
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?