The 4R Nutrient Stewardship Framework
The GRDC Communities Crop Nutrition platform was developed to meet the needs of rural and regional Australia for the extension of knowledge and to enable collaboration on important issues. Key topics on the Community of Practice sites were presented as articles, describing the topic and linking to other references, presentations or tools that may be of use to the reader. The articles published on this site by the Crop Nutrition Community of Practice were brought to you by leading Australian crop nutrition researchers.
The following articles were identified as containing useful information relating to crop nutrition during drought:
- Natural nitrogen peak in the North
- What nutrients are lost when making hay from failed crops?
- Potassium and crop stress
- Tips to tweak your crop nutrition program following drought
- How to review last season's crop nutrition decisions
- How to protect livestock from nitrogen toxicities
- In tough conditions, crops do better with potassium
- What to do with a failed crop
- How to account for stubble nutrients next season
- What to do about fertiliser after a tough year
- What happens in the year after a hayed-off crop?
- Nutrient implications for failed crops
- How to adjust phosphorus after a dry year
- Sow close to the row to boost crops after a dry year
- Keep K in soils to alleviate stress
- Give seeds the best chance in a dry start – how to avoid fertiliser burn
Free online short courses
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?