Students may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in specific units of competency depending on their previous experience. For those with significant skills and knowledge, Tocal College offers skills recognition services based on national qualifications in:
- Conservation & Land Management
- Production Horticulture
- Biosecurity Emergency Response
- Training and assessment.
Who is it for?
RPL is for people who are already working in industry with significant skills and knowledge. The RPL process allows candidates to gain nationally recognised qualifications that reflect what they do.
Why get involved?
By participating in the RPL process, you can:
- have your industry-based skills and knowledge recognised
- improve the way you carry out your role
- identify opportunities for professional development and training
- obtain a nationally recognised qualification based on your current industry role
- be part of a community of professional practice
- increase your career opportunities
- raise your profile as a skilled worker or manager and
- improve your self-confidence.
What does it cost?
The RPL process is available by workplace interview, and also by desktop audit (where the candidate compiles their own material for assessment for each unit of competency). This program does not attract GST.
Please see the fee schedule PDF, 173.9 KB for more information.
The time needed to complete an RPL case can range from three to eight months, depending on the skills and experience of the individual.
Our track record
We have interviewed RPL cases throughout Australia since 1996. We have graduated more than 600 students by RPL and have worked with groups, organisations and individuals as diverse as:
- individual farmers in dairying, beef, horticulture, cropping enterprises
- bush regenerators and traditional land custodians
- Local government weeds and vertebrate pest officers
- CMA facilitators
- NRM specialists
- Australian Institute of Science and Technology
- Animal Health Australia
- Cotton Australia
- Local Land Services
- Livestock, Health and Pest Authority (LHPA) rangers.
What our students say
Thanks for your support and patience in guiding me through the process.
It’s a great way to achieve results if you have prior qualifications/experience.
I appreciate the availability of the RPL process, as it allows us to gain qualifications which otherwise we would not have the opportunity to do.
For more information
To obtain full details on the RPL process you can download the relevant handbook from the Useful links section, or contact us to have one mailed to you.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?