TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Successful completion of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course qualifies participants to train and assess nationally accredited qualifications in the Vocational Education and Training system. Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills required to design and develop learning programs, plan, organise and deliver training to groups and individuals in the workplace, plan and conduct assessment events and design assessment tools.
This 40 week blended learning program is provided through a combination of online training and 3 face-to-face workshops. 5 online courses will be completed over the duration of the TAE program.
9 Core Units
|TAEDES401||Design and develop learning programs|
|TAEDES402||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs|
|TAEDEL401||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TAEDEL402||Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace|
|TAEASS401||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEASS403||Participate in assessment validation|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
1 Elective Units
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Training program options
Course structure: 40 weeks blended learning program
|1-4||Two pre-workshop online courses|
|5||Workshop 1: 4 day trainer workshop|
|6-19||Two online courses|
|20||Workshop 2: 4 day assessor workshop|
|21-31||One online course|
|32||Workshop 3: 4 day LLN and Assess competence workshop|
|33-40||Conduct and finalise all remaining assessment tasks|
Conducting of group training assessments will be completed within the workshop with the support of your TAE trainers.
TOTAL COST: $3,950
Is a skill set more suitable for your workplace role?
Skill set options are available for industries requiring staff to hold nationally recognized qualifications to train or assess but not the full qualification. Flexible delivery options are available through consultation with the Training and Assessment team to ensure productivity and workplace efficiency are maintained during training times.
Some options available are: (POA)
- Enterprise Trainer-Presenting
- Assessor skill set
- Workplace Supervisor
Contact your TAE Coordinator for additional skill set options and more details.
To be compliant as a qualified Trainer and Assessor by 1st April, 2019 all trainers MUST hold one of the items listed below.
- A Diploma or higher level qualification in Adult Education (must provide a certified copy of the qualification)
the TAE40110 and either :
- hold or gain the TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (or TAELLN401A) and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (or TAEASS502B or TAEASS502A). You will be compliant with the Standards for RTOs 2015 but not hold the current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- upgrade to the new TAE40116. The new qualification has 10 units made up of 9 core units and 1 elective. There are 2 new core units, TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools and 2 non-equivalent units TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation and TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes that will require gap training. You will hold the current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Download the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course upgrade program information sheet PDF, 374.65 KB to identify the training pathway suitable for you.
Recognition of prior learning
Recognition of prior learning is a process which counts your current experience, skills and knowledge towards a nationally recognised qualification
You are required to gather evidence and create a portfolio which addresses each unit to achieve formal recognition of your current skills and knowledge.
Please contact the TAE Coordinator to discuss your situation and the best option for you. Fee on application.
1. Fee for service fees (For candidates NOT receiving Smart and Skilled funding)
|Qualification options||Per Unit|
|TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment full qualification||$395|
|UPGRADE to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment|
|TAEASS502 - 2 day face to face workshop||$500|
|TAELLN411 - Online course||$395|
|TAELLN411 - 2 day face to face workshop||$500|
|RPL for individual units||$300|
2. Qualifications receiving Smart and Skilled funding support
|Qualification||Full Qualification||Student contribution (2nd qualification)|
|TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment#||$4800*||$1850^|
#Only available to students with no previous TAE or equivalent
*Price may be greater in the case of regional location, disability or aboriginality
^Student contribution may vary and needs to be determined on individual basis
How do I enrol?
To be eligible to attend the full qualification course or any of the upgrade courses you need to submit an application for approval by the TAE Coordinator to ensure you meet eligibility requirements for the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. To receive an application form, please complete the Registration of Interest and a TAE team member will forward you the TAE application form.
It is now a requirement that those enrolling in this course hold a VET qualification OR extensive industry experience in the field they intend to train and assess. If you do not have an industry qualification for the course you intend to train, you must supply evidence of extensive experience in this industry. You will be required to provide evidence of your current industry experience and have 3rd party support for your claim prior to being approved to enrol in the course.
To complete the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course you will need:
- access to a modern computer with good internet access
- ability to bring a laptop to the face to face workshops
- confident in using computers, email and Microsoft word
- confidence in reading, writing and interpreting complex documentation
- access to a webcam
- complete an online LLN online questionnaire
Training and Assessment Coordinator
Tocal Agricultural Centre (Yanco Campus)
phone: 02 6951 2506 or 0428 819 875
Workshop 1: 13-16 November 2018
Workshop 2: 26 Feb - 1 March 2019
Workshop 3: 21-24 May 2019
Paterson (near Newcastle)
Workshop 1: 27-30 November 2018
Workshop 2: 19-22 March 2019
Workshop 3: 4-7 June 2019
Workshop 1: 12-15 February 2019
Workshop 2: 28-31 May 2019
Workshop 3: 6-9 August 2019
Workshop 1: 5-8 March 2019
Workshop 2: 18-21 June 2019
Workshop 3: 27-30 August 2019
Training and Assessment Coordinator
Tocal Agricultural Centre
phone: 02 6951 2506
or 0428 819 875