About this course
This course is for people planning to deliver and assess accredited training within the Australian national vocational and education training system.
This course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- Developing training
- Delivering training
- Assessing training outcomes.
Trainers are available Monday to Friday for one-on-one phone and Zoom meetings.
Regular Zoom workshops are conducted for groups of students.
At a glance:
|Location:||Online or Blended Delivery|
|Course duration:||One year|
|Start date:||Variable start dates. Face to face workshops are held at the Paterson and Yanco campuses.|
|Number of units:||10|
|Indicative fees:||$4,800. Some students may be eligible for a NSW Government subsidy under Smart and Skilled.|
Online and face-to-face option:
- The VET system online module
- Addressing LLN online module
- Developing training online module
- Delivering training online module
- 4-day face-to-face workshop 1
- Planning and conducting assessments online module
- Conducting validations online module
- 4-day face-to-face workshop 2.
This course is mapped to the following units of competency:
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation.
Possible job roles for this qualification include:
To enrol in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course you must:
- Hold current units of competency or VET qualifications in the subject area in which you wish to train and assess
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to complete the course
- Have intermediate computing skills, and reliable internet speed.
Your skills and understanding are assessed through a variety of tasks. Assessments are marked within ten (10) working days, following the day you submit your work. You have three (3) attempts for each task to achieve a satisfactory result.
Your assessor will provide feedback following each submission.
Your trainer is available to provide support via:
- email and phone
- weekly online Zoom meetings
- Canvas (the Tocal College online learning management system).
$4,800 for full qualification.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?