About this course
A case study of a given weed issue from your local area will be presented and you will learn the skills needed to plan, control, report on and monitor the effectiveness of a range of weed control strategies. Includes discussion on a range of solutions for invasive species from your local area.
Who should attend the course?
biosecurity officers, field work managers and anyone responsible for organising the control of weed species.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- Identifying weed issues on site
- Planning for safe control of weeds
- Monitoring weed control measures
At a glance:
|Course duration:||2 days|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||1|
|Indicative fees:||$380 GST-free. Nil to eligible applicants|
- Assess weed infestation
- Plan weed control measures
- Implement weed control
- Monitor weed control measures
Nil to eligible applicants
You may be eligible for funding through the Smart and Skilled program. To find out whether you are eligible, contact a training coordinator in your area.
- Identifying weed issue
- Planning weed control
- Implementing weed control
- Monitoring success of weed control
Please note: This program may vary due to venue, weather and client requirements.
- This course is delivered using both indoor and outdoor instruction.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is mapped to the national units of competency:
- AHCPMG301 - Control weeds
- AHCILM202- Observe and Report Plants or Animals
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?