About this course
Designed by production managers and agronomists to support land managers to collect crop production data and create meaningful land use maps. Delivered by experienced industry specialists, this course will teach you how to convert images into high resolution geo referenced land maps, crop maps and elevation models.
These maps can be used to adjust spray applications, plan fertilizer programs, assess water flows, identify resistant weeds and refine long term management plans.
Creating high resolution maps of your land is now more achievable than ever before with the use of easy-to-use software specifically designed for agricultural operations.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- Safe collection of crop production and map data
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Processing map data to create useful and meaningful production maps
- Analysis of maps
- Exporting data for use in operations such as spray maps or variable rate sowing plans
At a glance:
|Course duration:||1 day face-to-face with pre-course online work|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||2|
Nil to eligible applicants
Nil to eligible applicants*
*Fully subsidised by the NSW Government for eligible applicants To find out whether you are eligible, contact a training coordinator in your area.
- Online resources & forum
- Face to face theory
- Hands on activities collecting and processing data to create maps
- Ground truthing maps in the field.
- Pre-workshop online component (reading and video, short quizzes and assessment)
- 1 full day practical workshop
This course is a blend of online and face-to-face training.
Able to operate a Drone. Ideally completed the Drones in Agriculture course prior to completing this training. https://www.tocal.nsw.edu.au/courses/short-courses/agskilled/drones-in-ag
Note this course requires the completion of pre-course work online. You must be able to commit to 1-2 hours of online course work prior to attending the training day.
This course is mapped to the following national units of competencies:
- AHCWRK207- Collect and record production data
- AHCLPW410- Produce maps for land management purposes
For information on students rights and responsibilities, and the Tocal College Code of Practice see Industry qualification student policies.
|Forbes||10th May 2022|
|West Wyalong||11th May 2022|
|Hillston||12th May 2022|
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?