About this course
Ever go to work wondering if you’ll make it home at the end of the day? Sobering thought, yes? And it’s even more sobering when those thoughts apply to your employees. Learn to better manage work health and safety with this three-month online course from Tocal; ideal for those who own, manage and/or supervise a rural workplace.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- developing processes for consultation, hazard identification, risk assessment, risk control, emergency response, safety training and record keeping
- evaluating and improving the effectiveness of a safety management system.
At a glance:
|Course duration:||Self-paced 3 months|
|Start date:||Enrol anytime|
|Number of units:||1|
|Indicative fees:||$600 GST-free|
The course involves both written assignments and a mapping exercise.
This course is delivered online.
Students must have:
- access to a farm enterprise to complete assessment tasks
- Australian citizenship, permanent residency or New Zealand citizenship
- adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- basic to intermediate computing skills, and reliable internet speed.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?