About this course
Tocal College has proudly partnered with NSW Farmers to deliver this accredited training to you, the business owner, manager, or supervisor, in a way you can understand!
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- improving WHS and Staff management in your business
- understanding the bones of a great WHS management system
- understanding your legal obligations when it comes to staff
- attracting and retaining staff
- effectively managing staff performance to get best out of your team
- ensuring your paperwork and systems are practical but compliant
At a glance:
|Location:||Online or Blended Delivery|
|Course duration:||16 weeks|
|Start date:||Multiple intakes|
|Number of units:||3|
|Indicative fees:||$1,200 GST-free (Nil to eligible applicants)|
- Work Health and Safety
- Understanding legal requirements
- Keeping your workplace safe
- Demonstrating due diligence
- The paper Trail
- Industrial Relations - Understand your legal obligations
- Engaging staff and contractors
- Understand the Pastoral Award
- Avoiding unfair dismissal
- The Paper Trail
- Managing your team
- Workforce planning
- Attracting and retaining staff
- Performance management
- Getting the best out of your team
Pre-approved applicants will be funded through the specific NSW training program applied under.
Blended delivery usually consisting of:
- two one day workshops spaced 10 weeks apart
- online component which commences after workshop deliveries and consists of a series of pre-recorded webinars and some workplace tasks
- online material which will be delivered in bite sized chunks to assist with download speeds
- remote support for online delivery component.
This course is now fully online.
Note: Completion of all components is required. If you have previously completed the WHS module, credit can be sought. The WHS module must be completed PRIOR to the Staff Management modules.
- Fully online, self-paced, easy to navigate modules
- Bite sized, engaging written material and recorded webinars
- Live interactive Q&A sessions and online forum
- Ready access to trainer for questions
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the NSW funded training program applied under to secure your subsidised training.
- Participants must commit to completing the online learning after the face to face workshops and have provision to do so.
- An appropriate level of literacy, computer access and skills, and connectivity is essential.
- This is accredited training; therefore, assessments are compulsory to meet funding requirements. Support will be provided.
- A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion.
This course is aligned to the following national units of competency:
- BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- AHCBUS511 - Manage enterprise staff requirements
- AHCWRK403 - Supervise work routines and staff development.
Want to find out about news, events, courses and publications?