You must complete ten (10) units of study to gain this qualification. For details of these units and packaging rules see http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHC51116.
Tocal College suggests three (3) foundation subjects (comprising four units of competency) be completed before selecting four (4) electives. It is then recommended that students complete the two (2) concluding subjects.
Please note some subjects listed below include multiple units of competency and the units of competency offered may be subject to change.
1. Describe a landscape
- AHCILM501 Conduct field research into natural and cultural resources (Group A)
- AHCWRK503 Prepare reports (Group B)
2. Collect and classify plants
- AHCPCM502 Collect and classify plants (Group A)
3. Define the pest problem
- AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem (Group A)
ELECTIVE SUBJECTS (SELECT FOUR)
(A maximum of 2 relevant units may be selected from the elective list of a Certificate IV or above of this or any other endorsed Training Package or Accredited Course.)
4. Develop a pest management plan
- AHCPMG412 Develop a pest management plan (Group C)
5. Plan prescribed burning
- AHCFIR502 Plan prescribed burning for fuel, ecological and cultural resource management (Group A)
6. Design a restoration project
- AHCNAR503 Design a natural area restoration project (Group A)
7. Plan river restoration works
- AHCNAR505 Plan river restoration works (Group A)
8. Develop sustainable land use strategies*
- AHCNAR506 Develop and implement sustainable land use strategies (Group A)
*To complete this subject, you must have access to land that is used for agricultural purposes.
9. Develop a management plan for an area of land
- AHCLPW501 Develop a management plan for a designated area (Group A)
10. Monitoring biological indicators
- AHCNAR502 Conduct biological surveys (Group A)