You must complete ten (10) units of study to gain the qualification. For full details of these units and packaging rules see http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHC50116. Please note some subjects listed below cluster multiple units.
Tocal College suggests four (4) foundation subjects be completed before selecting electives.
- AHCAGB518 Develop climate risk management strategies (Group A)
- AHCWHS502 Manage work health and safety processes (Group A)
- AHCSOL505 Monitor and manage soils for production projects (Group A)
- AHCAGB513 Develop a farm plan (Group A)
- AHCLSK504 Develop livestock health and welfare strategies (Group A)
- AHCLSK505 Develop production plans for livestock (Group A)
- *AHCLSK503 Develop and implement a breeding strategy (Group A)
*Note: you must have access to a breeding unit (40 plus) of beef cows or its equivalent in other livestock to undertake this subject.
Crops and pastures
- AHCBAC512 Develop production plans for crops (Group A)
- AHCBAC510 Manage integrated crop and pasture production (Group A)
- *AHCBAC513 Apply plant biology to agronomic practices (Group A)
*Note: completion of this unit involves setting up and monitoring two small plant experiments.
- AHCAGB512 Plan and manage infrastructure (Group B)
- AHCBUS513 Market products and services (Group B)
- AHCBUS511 Manage enterprise staff requirements (Group A) Note: you need to be a workplace supervisor to complete this subject.
- *AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan (Group A)
- *AHCBUS517 Monitor and review business performance (Group A)
*Note: these units are delivered together. Bookkeeping experience is strongly recommended.