Certificate IV Training and Assessment TAE40110
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Tocal College is permitted to train, assess and issue certification for the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment until 4 October 2017. If you are unable to complete your qualification (including all assessment activities) by this time, you will need to transition to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. At this stage, Tocal College will deliver the final TAE40110 training course at Yanco in July & September 2017.
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
On 1 April 2016, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) announced that they had approved an update to the TAE Training and Education Training Package. This update included the endorsement of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment which replaces the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
The TAE40116 qualification requires the completion of 10 units of competency, many of which have been deemed equivalent to one another.
Key differences include:
- Entry requirement – Those wishing to undertake the TAE40116 must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area (this was not a requirement for TAE40110)
- Core units – Two units have been added to the core of TAE40116, namely TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools. These were elective units under TAE40110.
- Assessment units – Modifications have been made to the assessment requirements of three of the core assessment units (TAEASS401, TAEASS402 and TAEASS403) to increase the amount of evidence that candidates need to provide for these units.
- Group-based delivery – For the core unit TAEDEL401 Facilitate group-based learning, candidates are now required to show that they have delivered at least 3 training sessions to a group of 8 or more learners (the group size was not specified for the TAE40110 version of the unit)
When will Tocal College begin offering the TAE40116?
Tocal College plans to begin offering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment in 2018. Our ability to do this will be subject to:
- Approval from our regulating body to include the qualification in our scope of registration, and
- The development of new courses and supporting materials
The application process for organisations wishing to deliver the TAE40116 qualification is significantly more stringent than for non-TAE qualifications and consequently the application and approval process is likely to take longer than normal.
What will the transition arrangements be?
Transition arrangements will apply to those who commence the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and then wish to transfer their enrolment to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
The transition arrangements will differ according to each person’s circumstances. Wherever possible, Tocal College will give credit for units completed as part of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. However, as a result of changes to the qualification units and packaging rules, the transition may involve:
- Attendance at additional training
- Additional assessments
- Additional cost
The additional cost will depend on the amount of additional training and assessment you need to complete.
If I complete the TAE40110, will I be able to ‘upgrade’ my qualification to the TAE40116 at a later date?
Yes, it will be possible to ‘upgrade’ from the TAE40110 to the TAE40116.
Please note however, that there is no requirement under the Standards for RTOs 2015 for TAE40110 holders to upgrade to the TAE40116 and "such a decision would require changes to the Standards for RTOs 2015. Should such a change be made, RTOs would be advised well in advance of any implementation and afforded ample time to meet the new requirements." ASQA news, 18 April 2016.
Details of the ‘upgrade’ process are not yet available, but it is expected to involve some additional training, some additional assessment activities, and some additional cost.
How can I find out more?
If you would like further advice about how to proceed, please contact the Training & Assessment Coordinator on 02 6951 2506.
Current scheduled courses
Tocal College, Yanco Campus
Phone: 1800 628 422