Certificate IV Training and Assessment TAE40110
The TAE40116 qualification requires the completion of 10 units of competency, many of which have been deemed equivalent to one another.
Key differences include:
- Entry requirement – Those wishing to undertake the TAE40116 must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area (this was not a requirement for TAE40110)
- Core units – Two units have been added to the core of TAE40116, namely TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools. These were elective units under TAE40110.
- Assessment units – Modifications have been made to the assessment requirements of three of the core assessment units (TAEASS401, TAEASS402 and TAEASS403) to increase the amount of evidence that candidates need to provide for these units.
- Group-based delivery – For the core unit TAEDEL401 Facilitate group-based learning, candidates are now required to show that they have delivered at least 3 training sessions to a group of 8 or more learners (the group size was not specified for the TAE40110 version of the unit)
When will Tocal College begin offering the TAE40116?
Tocal College plans to begin offering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment in 2018. The application for the TAE has progressed through to the second stage of the ASQA audit process but we do not have an indication of when the outcome of the application will be determined.
The application process for organisations wishing to deliver the TAE40116 qualification is significantly more stringent than for non-TAE qualifications and consequently the application and approval process is likely to take longer than normal. Upon approval the course venues and dates will be available on the website.
If I hold the TAE40110, will I be able to ‘upgrade’ my qualification to the TAE40116?
Yes, it will be possible to ‘upgrade’ from the TAE40110 to the TAE40116. The new training package contains two new core units TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools and TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills. Skills Ministers agreed that trainers and assessors who do not hold the relevant units will have until 1 April 2019 to meet the new credential requirements.
In addition to holding the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you will need to hold:
Either one of the following:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Plus one of the following:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
As a result of changes to the qualification units and packaging rules, the transition may involve:
- attendance at additional training
- additional assessments
- additional cost.
The additional cost will depend on the amount of additional training and assessment you need to complete.
Details and locations of 3 day professional development workshops will be released in early February 2018 to enable TAE40110 holders who have not recently delivered and assessed accredited training to attend and conduct training and assessment to a group and maintain their currency which will be a requirement of the upgrade to the TAE40116.
How can I find out more?
If you would like further advice about how to proceed, please contact the Training & Assessment Coordinator on 02 6951 2506.
Current scheduled courses
Tocal College, Yanco Campus
Phone: 1800 628 422