To obtain a Certificate IV in Public Safety (Biosecurity Response Operations), you must complete the two (2) foundation courses, five (5) core units, and six (6) elective units. Each elective unit includes an online module followed by a face-to-face workshop. The online modules are:
- PLANBER Managing planning for a Level 2 biosecurity emergency response (approx. 20-25 hours)
- LOGBER Managing logistics for a Level 2 biosecurity emergency response (approx. 20-25 hours)
- OP2BER Managing operations for a Level 2 biosecurity emergency response (approx. 20-25 hours)
- SITEBER Supervising operations on infected premises (2 Units) (approx. 25-30 hours)
- One more unit – You must complete a final elective unit which can be chosen from the Diploma level, or another approved unit which doesn't duplicate the other units undertaken.
You will be required to attend face-to-face workshops in order to successfully complete the units of competency and be awarded the Certificate.