Pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in ornamentals
$12.99AUD (inc GST)
This publication is only available in digital formats.
Available on the iBookstore
PC and Android devices
The Field Identification Guide is designed to assist producers, workers, students and consultants to correctly identify pests, diseases, disorders and beneficials of ornamental plants in Australia.
Intended to be used as a tool in integrated pest management in ornamentals, it draws on the experience of a range of scientists and industry experts.
Table of contents
- Introduction to IPM
- Things to consider when identifying insects and mites
- Insect and mite life-cycle information
- What is a plant disease?
- Types of plant diseases
- General disease life-cycle
Pests in ornamentals
- including mites, whiteflies, thrips, aphids, caterpillars, flies, mealybug, hard (armoured) scales, soft scales, bugs and beetles
Beneficials in ornamentals
- including parasites, predators, ladybirds, mites, nematodes, flies, lacewings, bugs and beetles
Diseases in ornamentals
- fungal and viral diseases
Disorders in ornamentals
- nutritional disorders
Presented with over 300 colour photographs in over 200 pages of illustrations and text. It contains a comprehensive list of organisms and nutritional disorders identified as currently important in the industry.
Includes a fully liked index of species.
|Title||Pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in ornamentals|
|Year of publish||2015|
|Publisher||NSW Department of Primary Industries|
|Price||$12.99AUD (inc GST)|