Pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in lettuce
$12.99AUD (inc GST)
This publication is only available in digital formats.
Available on the iBookstore
PC and Android devices
The Field Identification Guide is an invaluable resource for grower, workers, students and consultants to correctly identify pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in lettuce in Australia.
Intended to be used as a tool in integrated pest management in lettuce, it draws on the experience of a range of scientists and industry experts. The Guide presents over 180 colour photographs along with illustrations and text. It contains a comprehensive list of organisms and nutritional disorders identified as currently important to this industry.
This publication is available as an e-pub for use on iPad, iPhone and iPod. Download from the Apple iBookstore.
Table of Contents
- Purpose of the guide
- Introduction to IPM
- Crop monitoring
- IPM guidelines and spray thresholds for head lettuce
- Insect life cycle information
- Symptoms of insect damage
- What are plant diseases?
- Types of plant diseases
- General disease life cycle
Pests in lettuce
- Caterpillars, thrips, aphids, leafhoppers, bugs, beetles, flies and whiteflies
Beneficials in lettuce
- Beetles, lacewings, bugs, flies, spiders, parasitoids, beneficial diseases, fungal diseases and parasite nematodes
Diseases in lettuce
- Fungal diseases, bacterial diseases and viral diseases
Disorders in lettuce
- Nutritional disorders, physiological disorders, environmental disorders, animal damage and chemical disorders
|Title||Pests, beneficials, diseases and disorders in lettuce|
|Year of publish||2014|
|Publisher||NSW Department of Primary Industries|
|Price||$12.99AUD (inc GST)|